less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
• 400g/14oz chicken or turkey breast, cut into strips
• 2 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tsp cornflour
• 375g/13oz dried egg noodles
• 2 tsp rapeseed oil
• 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
• 3 tbsp peanut butter
• 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
• 1 x 400ml tin reduced-fat coconut milk
• 100g/3½oz sugar snap peas
• 150g/5½oz mixed frozen beans and peas
• 100g/3½oz frozen sweetcorn
• 1 lime, juice only
• 1 carrot, shaved into thin slices using
a vegetable peeler
• 75g/2¾oz baby spinach leaves
• 2 tbsp roughly chopped cashew nuts
• 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
1. Put the chicken in a bowl, add the soy sauce and cornflour and mix well. Cover and set aside for a few moments.
2. Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the noodles and cook according to the packet instructions. Drain in a colander, rinse with cold water until they are cold, then drain once more and tip them back into the cold pan. Add half the rapeseed oil and toss.
3. Heat a wok until hot, add the remaining rapeseed oil and the spring onions and stir-fry for 1 minute, or until softened. Add the peanut butter, chilli sauce and coconut milk and stir until combined. Bring to a simmer, then add the marinated chicken and poach for 4 minutes, or until cooked through. Add the sugar snap peas and simmer for another 2 minutes, or until nearly tender, then add the frozen peas, beans and sweetcorn. Return to the boil, stir in the lime juice and check the seasoning – you might want to add more lime juice or chilli, depending how hot you like it.
4. Stir in the cooked noodles and heat for 1-2 minutes, or until hot through. Stir in the carrot shavings and spinach and remove from the heat. The heat from the dish will wilt the spinach down. Stir a couple of times.
5. Serve in bowls, garnished with the cashews and coriander.