Ten houses were completely burned down by fire at South Sunamganj area of Sunamganj district. The incident took place at late night of Thursday. The fire started from a gas cylinder leakage, authorities informed.
Locals in the area said that the fire broke out from the house of Bokul Mia in Purbahati village from a gas cylinder leakage. After that, the fire quickly spread from one house to another. People around the area quickly went to the place of incident but they could not control the spread of fire. A total of ten houses got completely burned in this incident. Sunamganj Sadar Fire Brigade after receiving the news rushed to the incident place and brought the fire under control.
Victims informed that more than 2300 mounds of paddy along with jewelry and gold ornaments were burned down in this incident.
Bokul Mia, a victim of this incident said that the fire first spread in his house due to a gas leakage. Within a short period, the fire caught 10 houses and all these houses got burned down. He urged authorities for compensation.