The Indian government has no immediate plan to scale down security forces in Jammu and Kashmir, whose special status under Article 370 of the Constitution, has been revoked, in view of Pakistan’s provocations to violence there, Minister of State for Home G Kishan has said. "Why will we withdraw troops immediately from there when Pakistan is trying to provoke? Pakistan is trying to provoke Kashmirs and disturb peace so that it can go to international community (to complain).
The decision on whether to withdraw or not will be taken by the local administration," Reddy told the media in Hyderabad on Wednesday night when asked whether the Indian government had any plan to withdraw additional forces. He said the situation in Jammu and Kashmir was peaceful now and Home Minister Amit Shah was regularly monitoring the situation.
Reddy pointed out that schools had opened, prohibitor order had been withdrawn, government offices started working and some of the controls imposed had been relaxed. Internet and telephone services had also been restored, barring in a few districts (four or five), he said. Asked why opposition leaders were not being allowed to hold meetings in the state, he said government has taken precautions in view of Pakistan's intentions and the opposition leaders should have patience.
"Pakistan would like to see peace disturbed in J&K to tell the world that the government of India's decisions vis-a-vis the state are wrong," he said. "There is a lot of time. You can go to Jammu and Kashmir... Hold peace for some days. Let's see Pakistan's problem now. After that, Rahul Gandhi can hold any number of meetings. Who is saying no? Have patience," he said. Asked for his comments on reports of violence in Jammu and Kashmir, Reddy said "small incidents" are not happening for the first time. India withdrew Jammu and Kashmir’s special status on August 5 and bifurcated into two territories.