Mother and son died after being electrocuted in Tita Bajitpur village of Keshabpur upazila in Jashore on Wednesday. The deceased were identified as Al Amin 20, son of Abdul Alim Morol, and Al Amin’s mother Josna Begum 38, of Bajitpur village.
Mujibur Rahman, a relative of the deceased, said that Al Amin was working with an irrigation machine at Gutemari's Beel next to the house while he died after being electrocuted. Later his mother went there carrying food for him and found him lying. She was also electrocuted and died on the spot while trying to wake Al Amin up.