A fire broke out on the third floor of Art Faculty Bulding of Chittagong University on Tuesday.
The accident took place at the History Department’s conference room (315) at about 10:30 am. No casualties were reported in the incident..
Two fire-fighting units came to the spot and brought the fire under control.
Officer-in-Charge of Hathazari Fire Service Abul Kalam said that, the fire originated from the electrical short circuit.
Assistant proctor of the university Rezaul Karim told the Bangladesh Post that a projector of the history department and the AC of the room was damaged in the fire. It has lost more than 3 lakh Tk.