All Section, City

Fire at restaurant in residential area


Published : 03 Sep 2021 09:21 PM | Updated : 03 Sep 2021 09:22 PM

A fire broke out at an unauthorised restaurant, which was set up in a residential area, in Sector-14 area at Uttara in the capital. The incident of fire took place at about 5:00 pm on Thursday (September 2).  

It was known that the fire originated from an explosion of a generator of the restaurant named Cha Banglo. The flame engulfed the second floor of the four-storied building.  

Although the Fire Service with the help of local people doused the flame, members of five families, who live in the building, are now in panic situation. Many locals expressed anger over the illegal operation of restaurant in a residential area.

Locals said that the kitchen of the restaurant was set up close to the wall of house No. 50 of the area. The kitchen always has five to six gas cylinders along with a generator.

Mokhlesur Rahman, owner of the house, said, “The restaurant was built four years ago near the boundary wall of my house. At that time, I requested the manager of the restaurant Nayan to keep the kitchen away. 

On the contrary, he continues to threaten with the identities of influential people.”

He also said, “We have not yet found the real owner of this plot. Against this backdrop, we went to the president of welfare association of the area Shah Alam. He told us that he has nothing to do as his hands and feet are tied.” 

Nayan, the manager of named Cha Banglo restaurant, was repeatedly contacted but he did not receive the call.