Child death rate decreases for proper vaccination


Health Minister Zahid Maleque on Wednesday said, at present country’s 70 percent of the people are getting health service and the rest 30 percent will also get the service within a very short period of time. The health minister told this while addressing a function at the capital’s Krishibid Institution of Bangladesh on the occasion of the celebration of the award ‘Vaccine Hero-2019’ achieved by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina. The function was organised jointly by the Directorate of the Health Service and Family Welfare Ministry. Officials of the ministry and employees of the vaccination programme, among others, were present at the function.

Sheikh Hasina has been awarded with the prestigious ‘Vaccine Hero-2019’ medal for Bangladesh’s outstaying success in vaccination. At the function, Health Minister Zahid Maleque said, once in 2006 the average longevity in Bangladesh was only 60 years, while the current average longevity is 73 years.

“It has been possible for the success in the vaccination programme”, he said and continued as saying, “The child death rate has been decreased for the proper vaccination to the children.”