Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (Buet) Alumni Association and 300
teachers of the university demanded the resignation of Buet Vice Chancellor Saiful Islam.
Signed by Buet Alumni Association President Professor Jamilur Reza Chowdhury, the association in a statement placed their seven-point demand protesting Abrar’s murder, at the Buet campus on Wednesday.
They demanded the overhauling of the administration and the appointment of competent, honest and impartial people to maintain the quality of education.
The other demands include-
1. Ensure justice by settling the cases in the shortest possible time under a speedy tribunal
2. Expulsion of the involved from Buet
3. Ban on the activities of all political party associated student bodies,teachers and employees
4. Ensure the personal security of all students in the campus by banning torturing students under the guise of ragging
5. Ensure justice for all those who became victims of student politics without any delay Meanwhile, a total of 300 teachers of BUET also urged its vice-chancellor Dr Saiful Islam to resign from the post taking responsibility of Abrar killing. The educators made the demand after a meeting of BUET Teachers' Association on Wednesday. Students have continued protesting for the third consecutive day, demanding justice for Abrar Fahad's murder, at the Buet campus.
They revised their eight-point demand, placed on Tuesday night, and put forward a 10-point demand, including the withdrawal of Sher-E-Bangla Hall provost Md Zafar Iqbal Khan.