2 electrocuted in Jhalokathi


Jhalokathi Correspondent

Two people died after being electrocuted at separate places in Jhalokathi on Friday.

The deceased were identified as Biplop Khan Rayhan, 29, son of Md Abu Bakar Khan of Mogor union and Md Milon Hosen, 33, son of Md Milon Hosen of Surjopasha village of Jhalokathi.

Younger brother of Rayhan, said that his brother was cleaning roof top of their house. A live wire was fallen on the roof top water. When he contacted with the water, he became electrocuted. Later, we found him dead.

Another deceased Milon was electrocuted when he was working to construct a house at TNT road area under Nalchity upazila in Jhalokathi.

Eyewitnesses said Milon was a construction worker. During the incident, he was working in the building under the roof.

At that time, he was pulling an iron rod that was connected with a live wire and he became electrocuted. Instantly he was sent to Sher-e-Bangla Medical College where duty doctor declared him as dead.