All the eleven members of a family were affected by food poisoning at Bethuli village of Kaliganj upazila in Jhenidah. They were rushed to upazila health complex on Wednesday night.
Admitted patients are Kalipada Ghosh, wife Anita Ghosh, two sons Narayan Ghosh and Joykrishna Ghosh, daughters in law Lili Ghosh and Shyamoli Ghosh, grandsons and daughters Tithi, Banya, Brishti, Simanta and Kheyali. Of them condition of Anita Ghosh was stated to be critical, the family sources said.
Nishit Ghosh, a close neighbor of Kalipada Ghosh said they were informed that the family members consumed rice as their morning food on Wednesday with curry prepared from sweet pumpkin, egg plant, aurum and some seasonal vegetables at about 8.30 am. Since noon the family members had been feeling unwell and started vomiting and loose motion.
Finding no other alternative, he along with assistance of the neighbors rushed the family members to Kaliganj upazila health complex at about 8.30 Pm on Wednesday.
The doctor on duty of the health complex Sangita Chowdhury said that food poisoning might be the reason behind the mass illness of the family members. “However, they have been provided treatment to all, but the condition of Anita Ghosh was critical”, she added.