BangladeshPost placeholder

Habiganj Correspondent
A massive fire broke out in the cotton warehouse of Saiham Textile Mills in Noapara or Madhabpur upazila in Habiganj on Monday night.
The fire could not be controlled
till the filing of this report on
Tuesday noon.
Officer in charge of Madhabpur station Chandan Kumar Chakrabarty said, “It is possible that the
fire was caused by an electrical
short circuit.”
On information 8 units of Sylhet, Habiganj, Shaistaganj, Srimangal and Madhabpur fire stations arrived on location to control the fire.
The OC confirmed that loss worth over a crore is likely from the fire damage. However, there were no casualties from the fire.