BangladeshPost placeholder

Staff Correspondent
Three members of a family sustained burn injuries in a
gas cylinder explosion at West Baipail in Ashulia of Savar early Saturday.
The injured are garment workers Akram Hossain, 30, his wife Lovely Akhter, 25, and their eight-year old son Hossain Md Ashik, hailing from Madhukhali in Faridpur.
Injured Lovely said the gas cylinder went off in the kitchen of their house in the early morning, leaving the trio injured. Akram suffered 90 percent burns while Lovely seven percent, Ashik five percent.
Humayun Kabir, station officer of Ashulia DEPZ Fire Service and Civil Defence Station, said the gas spread all over in their room in a building owned by Mostafa Dewan in Pashchim Bypile area following a leakage in the gas line of the cylinder.
When Lovely tried to ignite the stove for cooking at about 5:00 am, the fire originated and the gas cylinder blasted with a bang soon it came into contact with the fire. Hearing screaming of the house inmates, locals rescued them and took to a local hospital.