Bangladesh Post Featured Image

At least 18 houses were burnt to ashes in a devastating fire at West Kalachon village under Kalkchun South union at Hajiganj upazila in Chandpur on Sunday evening.

Police and the Fire Service and Civil Defence personnel primarily estimated the damage caused to be worth about Tk ten lakh.

According to the sources of Fire Service and Civil Defence, the fire originated from electrical circuits. Several people were injured in the fire.

Abul Hossain, local person, said that the locals helped the fire fighters to douse the flame. In-charge of Hajiganj Fire Service Motaleb Talukdar said they douse the flame in an hour’s effort.

Additional Superintendent of Police (Hajiganj Circle) Afzal Hossain said that the fire originated from an electrical short circuit.

Chandpur Correspondent